Friday, March 28, 2008

A Swingy Sundress

I have a new design!! Woot, woot!!

Sewing is such therapy for me, I need to make time for it. To that cause, I have a girl coming after school a few times a week to watch the kids around the house and in the yard while I sew. It feels soooo decadent, but AWESOME at the same time! And I've already used the time to make something! Click here to check out the Etsy listing for the happy little sundress I made! I am literally grinning just thinking about it!

On another front...the protest against the library lockout was so much...fun is not the right word. How about torture? After the well-attended protest, I went with a few (read 3) other moms to a storytime sit-in at the Labour Relations office, where despite being asked to leave (repeatedly) we sat on the floor of the lobby and read stories. I almost peed my pants, I was so scared!! The good news is that the union and bosses have resumed talks and are hopeful for a resolution! Dear god, I hope so, because I don't know if I can do that again!!

Click here to watch the news coverage of the rally and sit-in. You can catch a glimpse of the side of my head about halfway through, and some shots of the kids, too.

5 comments:

Tayasmama said...

Hahaha, I saw that and was like, OMG I don't think I could do it! I would DIE from my face being so red. At least I know you were scared...I was scared for ya LOL

Tayasmama said...

Oh and I of course love that little dress :)

Anonymous said...

Watching that footage made me nervous....but how brave of you!

I'm lovin the sundress :-)

Ginger

Laurie said...

Darling Sundress on a darling little girl!

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it